GDPR and Data Protection
Rutpen Ltd is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under GDPR.
• processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
• collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible.
• adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
• every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased, or rectified without delay.
• processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
• This policy applies to all personal data processed by Rutpen Ltd.
• The Responsible Person shall take responsibility for Rutpen Ltd.’s ongoing compliance.
• To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair, and transparent, Rutpen Ltd shall maintain Systems.
• Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to Rutpen Ltd shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
• All data processed by Rutpen Ltd must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task, or legitimate interests.
• Rutpen Ltd shall ensure that personal data is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
• Rutpen Ltd shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate. Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
• To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, Rutpen Ltd shall archive effectively, considering what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why.
• Rutpen Ltd shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up to date. Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
• When personal data is deleted, this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
• Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
• In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, we shall assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (more information on the ICO website).