We're hiring! - Vacancy for a Works Chemist
About the Job
A Chemist is required to join one of the UK's leading contract manufacturers. Based in rural location between Swindon & Newbury, Rutpen Ltd manufactures a wide range of industrial & retail products and operates an extensive solvent recovery facility. reporting to the laboratory manager in our modern laboratory, we are looking for a chemist with the desire to grow into a role encompassing day to day QC, product formulation and customer support.
- Quality control using both traditional “wet” chemistry and modern instrumentation (e.g. GC, HPLC), together with carrying out laboratory responsibilities in the manufacturing plant.
- Assisting in setting briefs for new products and then formulating to the brief.
- Assisting in ensuring product compliance with relevant legislation
Previous laboratory experience is an advantage, with the ideal candidate also meeting the following;
- Degree / hnd (or equivalent) in chemistry or other chemical science
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of supervision in the laboratory as well as on plant.
- I.T. literate including ms office
- Ability to relate & communicate well with all levels of staff & customers
- Good attention to detail
Salary of £25 – 30k p.a. dependant on experience will be available to the right individual.
Applications including c.v. by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 21st April 2017.
For more information about Rutpen ltd, see www.rutpen.co.uk